Monday, May 12, 2014

swimming, swimming, birthday parties, more swimming...

I have successfully taken three finals, and have one more to take before Thursday.  That being said, we have been busy lately, and everyone is looking forward to a break from school for the summer.  I had a really nice Mother's Day yesterday.  

Cody and I went to breakfast and church with his dad and grandma Sunday morning.  After a nice (but long--he went over about 38 minutes--(not that I looked at the time as soon as we were out or anything)) service, we headed back to Springfield to eat lunch and spend time with Beckie (Cody's mom).  Cody and I really need to have people take pictures of us more often, it has been awhile since we have taken one.  Mother's Day was relaxing and spent with family, as it should be.  Clint had the kids call me that morning, which was really sweet. They got home around 5:30, which gave them time to get in the pool.  

All parents, we have had this thing a week, and I can already tell that it is the best $25 I have spent in a long time!  They have been in it every day after school and any other time I will let them. 





Saturday evening, we had Caden's big birthday party.  Just like last year, he chose to play laser tag.  He also chose the exact same shirt he had chosen to wear (and picked last year): the black one.  Honestly, I didn't like the fluorescent yellow, either.  :))
This is the only picture I took at the birthday party, and I don't know that it counts because it was before it started.  Laica tried to tell us that she had not fallen asleep, she was just resting.  Right.
Granny and Papa got Caden Skylanders for his birthday.  This boy is over the moon.  He LOVES it.  We are going today after school to spend birthday money and gift cards on some different guys... he was talking about it all morning.  Actually, he tried to tell me that he didn't feel like going to school today... but he changed his tune when I said there would be no video games if he was sick.  :)
Thank you to everyone who came out to the party, we had a great time!  Love that the adults can play laser tag and have just as much fun as the kiddos. 
Caden brought this "Frozen" picture home from school.  I love my little artist, and his attention to detail.
This is the kids with their friend and our neighbor, Antonio.  He is a sweet, well-mannered kid that has become a fixture at our house after school (we don't mind, he is an awesome kid--I think he likes the pool, too. :))

I promise to post something of substance soon, after Wednesday I hope to be done with my semester.  Life lately is busy, but I love it.  Have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment