Friday, May 30, 2014

summer!

Caden finished up his kindergarten year on Wednesday.  I'm not sure which one of us is more excited about summer vacation, but it is probably me.  It will be nice to be in a slightly more laid-back routine.  The kids will be spending some more time with their dad through the week, which will give me a small amount of free time during the week (I will still be working, but not taking any classes until August).  I plan on taking some early morning yoga classes, and will also be free to go on a walk or run before work if I want.  The kids will be home on the weekends, so we will see them often, and plan on doing many fun activities.

We attended Caden's baseball game last night, and we are kicking off our summer vacation with a sleep over tonight.  Cody is away on an annual camping trip with his dad and a group of men.  We already miss him, but I bet he is going to have a great time enjoying the beautiful weather and being in the woods for the weekend.  I am about due for a river or camping trip as well... nothing like some time in nature to soothe the soul. 

 Magnolia and Maya came to stay the night after we swam at their house this afternoon.  We managed to spot the storm cloud in time to get everyone and all of our stuff inside before it started pouring.  We got happy meals and came home to eat dinner, then play dress up and baby dolls (Maggie and Laica) and Skylanders (Caden and Maya).  I set them up with a movie in the living room and they were out in no time.  The main reason I am always willing to take the kids swimming, is that they are guaranteed to fall asleep early and quickly at bedtime.



This was on our way to Portland and Andy's house, we were waiting for Aunt Chelsi to get her stuff together for the pool.


This afternoon, Caden quickly got over his apprehension over jumping into the water.  He and Magnolia were having a ball jumping at the same time, and seeing who could jump the furthest.  He was having so much fun and he was really proud of himself, which I love to see. :)

 Laica swam in the deep end (with her floaty) by herself, and was proud of herself, too.  My kids are getting so big.  Sometimes I get sad that they aren't babies anymore, but I love watching them develop and grow into amazing little individuals.


 Miss Magnolia giving me a cheesy, toothless grin in the pool.  Maggie is Caden's first friend (Portland was his babysitter from the time he was about five or six months old).  I hope that they continue to have a good friendship through the years. 
 

Here's Maya Moon (Magnolia's step-sister).  This little girl is so smart and kind, I just love her.


This was a group shot while waiting in line at McDonald's on the way home.   Another (of the many) reason that I love my van is that I have the space to safely haul this group around.  In the morning, I plan on cooking them breakfast and letting them play until lunch time, then we will have a picnic at the park for lunch.  After lunch and some more playing at the park, we are going to take a trip to the Palace to see The Lego Movie.  I have heard that it is pretty good, and we have been wanting to see it.


Laica's hair is ridiculous in this picture, but the important thing is that she and Dickey are in the same picture.  It has taken exactly one year (the amount of time Cody and I have lived together) but Dickey has finally gotten to where he isn't as afraid of the kids as he once was.  He has figured out that Laica is an animal person, and she absolutely loves getting to pet him.



This was Caden's last day of school.  He really enjoyed school for the most part, and we couldn't be more proud of what a bright kid he is.  We are going to make this a great summer for these two kids, making lots of happy memories along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment