Sunday, May 4, 2014

pure, simple happiness...

For the past several weeks, I have been feeling grateful for all of the blessings in my life (not material items--remember my rant in a previous post?).  When I spend time reflecting, I am genuinely surprised at how happy I am.  I am not just happy, I am content... which is a feeling I hold in higher regard than happiness.  Happiness is important, but to me, being content equals being at peace.  

The word content is defined as:  a state of satisfaction, or being in a state of peaceful happiness.  That certainly sums up they way I feel right now, and I hope it continues forever.  I have my kids, Cody, a job, am taking college classes, our bills are paid, and I love our little house.  The garden is growing beautifully, and we have already eaten spinach out of it twice.  Delicious.  My fiance is amazing, on so many levels. Frankly, right now, life is pretty damn grand.

Here are some pictures that sum up last week... I cannot believe that tomorrow is Monday already, the weekend was gone in the blink of an eye.  Yesterday the kids and I visited the farmer's market and then we went to Target to get cousin Hadleigh's birthday gift, and on to Ross to look for a dress for myself.  I found one that I love... best part was the price:  $9.00.  Can't beat that!





The kids were thrilled with their balloons.  Laica chose a bracelet (no surprise there) and Caden picked the helicopter, which I thought was pretty cool.  The farmer's market will become a Saturday morning tradition for us.  I was surprised that they did not want to get their faces painted, but fine by this mama!  :)



This was Thursday after school.  My baby will be six tomorrow.  Wow.





This little cutie and I had breakfast on Friday morning.  I loved the rare chance to spend a little extra one on one time with my precious daughter.  She will be five in November... I am honestly glad that I have another year before she goes to school.




I tackled this mountain of (clean) laundry yesterday.  OMG.   It was probably about seven or more loads.  We had a super busy week, and by the time the kids went to bed, I was ready for bed myself.
Four people make so much laundry, it is my least favorite chore (obvisouly--I am pretty OCD about the rest of my house, especially the kitchen).

This morning we went to Arts Fest on Walnut Street and took a ride on the scooter for a breakfast date.  I picked the kids up from their Kay-Kay's (Clint's mom, Karen) around four, and they are now content, playing outside with their friends.  Thank god for a neighborhood full of children, the kids all love playing together.  They may not be so content when I make them come inside for showers in about fifteen minutes... time to start the bedtime routine soon.  

I am so thrilled that it is May and school will be out soon, and out schedule can relax (at least slightly).  I am looking forward to a productive work week and going shopping with my ex-mother-in-law (lol--I get along great with all of Clint's family, and Becky and I are still good friends) in Branson on Friday.  

Here's to a quick week! 
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, happiness is a perspective. Your future looks bright with that positive outlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justin! It feels good to feel good, every day.

      Delete